View Single Post
Old 11-10-2015, 09:02 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member
Default Re: hmmm, not sure, what do you think?

Originally Posted by bluegoatwoods View Post
Interesting thoughts, brassneck. It's safe to assume you've given some consideration to bikes of this type before, huh?
Ya, I'm a bit of a cafe/tracker nut... pretty much spent most my adult life on motorcycles, and the last two years building one.

I'm on my way to getting another built...this time a board tracker (But am limited with space right now). Hence my joining this forum and starting to build my first bike here... in my basement no less!

Originally Posted by bluegoatwoods View Post
I'm curious about that red Honda. Is that a CX 550 engine on a cafe racer? That's an engine I haven't seen or thought about in a long time. So long, in fact, that I wonder a bit if the "CX" is the right designation. I think it is.
The Red Honda is indeed a CX500... I have a buddy that has one he wants me to help build into a cafe, and I almost pulled the trigger on one for myself a few months back to build into something like that Red one... They're great reliable bikes (shaft drive)...but not as plentiful (parts-wise) as other models are...and to do it right means to do a lot of fab work...which I'm not apposed, but lack the space, currently.