View Single Post
Old 10-17-2015, 05:47 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Engine temp? 230?

WOW THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Just the info I was looking for. Dang wish I'd spoken with you prior to break in. I broke in my motor using the motoman method and it seems to be fine. I let it warm up, then did alternating half throttle/deceleration, did first oil change after 1.5hrs it was synthetic and looked pretty sludgy when coming out, but getting some on a white paper it looked clean still. Right now if I don't have time I just ride it real easy 1/4 throttle until I feel the air flowing from the flywheel getting warm, and then start to open it up.

Since the two gauges I have are somewhat dissimilar in size and look, I would like to have only one on the dash and one somewhere else. If you could only have one on the dash, would it be oil or head temp? I'm leaning towards oil but I could go both ways. Would need a much bigger electronics box to fit all the gauges (I would have a large speedo, 12v tach, one or two 12v temp gauges, two toggle switches). My hour meter will be mounted out of the way under the gas tank, as it is not backlit and useless for night riding.
I don't always listen to Alice in Chains..... but when I do, SO DO THE NEIGHBORS
212cc 2-speed