View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 11:31 AM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Re: Your longest MB distance ride trip in one day? Two days?....

well on a motored bike in my youth aprox 75 miles it was a chicken power.

on a moped 250 mile days. I rode around 200,000 moped miles in my life

on a Harley a little over 850 miles 1 way with a 12:1 compression race inspired motor with ape hangers it was my touring bike until I blew engine up but Harleys have gave me better service than *** bikes overall a fluke I know, but a weird truth for me.

I am planning to do a Blue Ridge Parkway ride sometime this year by motor bike when I get one ready I plan to leave home & catch the parkway & ride north till the end at Front Royal Virginia, to the opposite end at Cherokee North Carolina I have never rode the whole distance but live 20 or so miles from an entrance to the Parkway & have rode maybe 100 miles either direction before

The Parkway is 469 miles of backroads no stop lights no comercial vehicles except from side roads to a business or to help people broke down or accidents, & short detours off can get you to all conviences of cities at many stopping places & to hike some of the trails or bike & to check out waterfalls.

so I guess that means I am planning a round trip of 938 miles not counting detours & the 50 miles round trip from house to parkway.