Thread: Gas tank shroud
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2015, 10:12 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Gas tank shroud

Yup... that works too...
Have you ever mixed up too much epoxy or poly resin at one time? That stuff gets crazy hot then starts to explode ... I remember when I was still a young kid about 12 or 13 years old and I was at the airport fixing a cracked wheel pan off a 172 and decided to mix up a slightly bigger batch in a plastic cup so I could brush it on over a larger area... or so I thought... within minutes the cup got too hot to hold onto so I quickly set it down on the hangar floor as not to spill any... next thing I know it started to smoke, then I could hear it start to crack inside the cup, then it started popping off chunks of smoking hot resin... that was kinda scary at first because I didn't know if it was going to catch fire or not, and about that time I realized just why my dad told me to mix the stuff in small batches. I just figured it was because too much might go to waste if I didn't get it all worked into the cloth, but me thinking I could do it quick enough decided to mix up a big batch... then it was also impossible to even try to cover up that mistake since even tho I got it cleaned up and out of the hangar I was afraid it would ignite if I threw the evidence in the trash, and it smelled up half the hangar...