View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 07:38 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Ultimate China Girl Engine

im interested in this project but it is dependent on what the upgrades will exactly be. I'd love to see and engine with:
*larger diameter mounting studs (I have personally broke 3 studs (they were automotive grade SS...));
*reed valve system (had some tuning issues with my reed valve but havent had a lot of time to mess with it (i only noticed very minor improvement...));
*improved cylinder with better transfer ports (including improving port timing), boost ports, larger intake and exhaust ports, possibly a steel liner, and more fins for more cooling surface area to handle the power;
*cylinder head with a proper squish band, higher compression ratio, and larger cooling fins for increased cooling surface area (desperately needed on the stock platform)
*properly balanced crank with new high quality bearings;
*if a new crank will be made, it might be worth replacing the connecting rod as well since many people have observed them stretching
*increased displacement would be welcomed and would be a while your in there if you replace everything else...
*quieter primary gears (this is the first thing you hear when a bike is coming down the street)
*possibly locate a better magneto so a better coil can be used
*high performance carb may be needed with the increased air this engine will pump...
*better seals for the case, cylinder etc.

These are just a few ideas im throwing out there. When it is decided as to what level of modification will be done im sure more people will probably jump on the boat. Everything besides the crank & connecting rod could be produced in a higher volume to be sold to the DIYer. I know i would jump even to buy these other parts if they were for sale now. But the idea of a sorted motor with no vibration is very appealing keep up the good work Jim!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -Justin
SOLD..50cc Morini S6-T 5.8hp,
44 tooth sprocket, Early 1990's Diamondback Frame, 26" WTB FX28 Wheels w/ Shimano XT Hubs,
Dellorto PHBG Race Edition 19mm Carburetor, 4 Valve Reed Intake (combined adds ~2hp),
Homemade Expansion Chamber, Homemade Steel Pack Muffler, Homemade 1.6 gallon Rear Gas Tanks
TOP SPEED: 54.0 MPH (not gps tested yet)

Last edited by europorsche914; 02-26-2009 at 12:14 PM.