View Single Post
Old 06-25-2015, 03:01 AM
Default Re: How Fast are You going? - I wana know

After 3 months of going in circles with a major tire manufacturer and the engineering department killing the deal we are scrapping the fixie and the amazing little 66cc China doll that may actually be capable of the fuel record. We are going back to work on our frame that will run a Japanese 100cc 6 speed MX motor. Personally I am building a 4 stroke commuter that will probably get tinkered with to no end also ha ha. In short I think the China doll could break 100mph on nitro methane but only on non speed rated 700 x 25 tires so you can't pass tech making it pointless. A tiny rider is important also, the bike is over 15mph faster with the smaller rider on it. Also beating the fueling issues, even giving it 5psi at the carb with a huge jet and drilled emulsion tube we keep fuel starving after about 2 to 3 minutes no matter what we do which won't get us to the first markers at Bonneville. Happy Motoring all.

Last edited by LandSpeedRecord; 06-25-2015 at 03:14 AM. Reason: hit post before finishing