View Single Post
Old 06-12-2015, 11:18 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Got the specialized full suspension frame stripped down to bare metal and the first coats of fresh paint applied before leaving the shop tonight, on the new roadbike, got it fully together and front brake set up and adjusted, I gotta say it's nice and strong for a rim brake, still need to pull rear wheel off and flip around so I can have the freewheel on the pedal side then I need to connect the rear sprocket to the fixie side, after reading and seeing how others have added the rear sprocket on the fixies I've decided to drill thru both sprockets and bolt them together with 6 bolts in the typical 6 bolt disc brake rotor pattern so I can use spacers or shims to get the best sprocket alignment. I'm gonna keep this bike simple but fast...
I also aquired another mountain bike today for like $20 but it's going to need a chain, new tube and tires, and some cleanup before it's ready for an engine, overall is in good shape but needs a little tlc so it's on the back burner until I get the other 2 bikes on the road.
for the stingray I'm just putting that one on hold as well until I get more time to spend on the frame, I got all the parts to make a complete bike there too but decided to do a few things different than originally planned... if I get that one on the road before this winter I'll be happy since I'm in no hurry to finish that one....