View Single Post
Old 05-08-2015, 05:45 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Clutch Roller Upgrade???

Originally Posted by Davezilla View Post
These are really easy to make, especially if you have a welder, but the welder isn't mandatory by any means... You just need a screen door roller set from Home Depot, a few nuts and bolts, and a small piece of angle iron.
I'm not sure if anyone's making them to sell but I can show you how I made mine or build you one if you want.

The difference is night and day with a roller in place and it makes the clutch a lot smoother and easier to pull.
I know Arrow Racing uses a different method that eliminates the roller but re routes the cable so it's at a better angle to the clutch arm so the end result is the same... a really smooth and controlable clutch.

Here's a few close ups of mine so you can see how it's built, mine is welded together but they can also be bolted together or you can braze it using a mapp torch...

Hope this helps, and hopefully somebody with the Arrow setup shows pics, theirs is easier to make and works just as good.

is this the same diameter roller you used? Noo mean to thread jack, its just that I'd like to make my clutch pull easier like you guys aha
Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving. -Einstein