Thread: Finally! Hello
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2015, 01:47 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Re: Finally! Hello

Kioshk, I'm right by the Mid-Hudson bridge. Rode across both spans today, actually.. pedaled the one and cruised the other.

Tom, thanks for the tip on using electrical conduit! I would have never thought of that. Here I was, ready to rig some copper gas line to the end of the stock muffler and hang one of those small engine mufflers off the back of it all. Conduit is a little more workable with the right tools. Luckily, there is no shortage of earth to prevent crushing when I bend the pipe. Do you recommend a cold bend or would it be better to apply some heat?

KCvale, I also wondered about this. My last car had a straight through that was great around town being relatively quiet (compared to the straight pipe I put on it before..) and got nice and raspy when my right foot got heavy. Combined with the suggestion of using electrical conduit, I think something really cool can be made.

Also, it should be worth mentioning my seat failed today. It was rusty from when I bought the bike before adding the kit, but the added stress found its first victim! So a little time with a hacksaw put some key slots and a few paperclips have it feeling solid again.