View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 11:03 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Added some of those plastic fenders to the green bike, got it up and running good again, new Mag coil did the trick, mounted cdi in new location and got kill switch hooked back up, added some top bar panniers and it has a new cdi, new mag, a couple zip ties and a stubby Philips screwdriver, this bike isnt gonna strand me again because of the mag or!

Ch3cked to see how far I peddled the other day and my guess was right on the button 8 miles, dirt road, up hill 2/3 of the way with wind in my face...... I was so spent by the time I made it!

Project #2 today was to put mt Puch head on the Western Flyer which has the Half Breed engine, also put my old faithful home grown exhaust pipe in it along with a new NGK plug, roqd the western flyer 26 miles today and its still running like a champ on the 25:1 mix of 40wt non detergent, hit 43.5 mph today but I was on a downward slope that that doesnt really will do 39-41mph on the flat with no head wind, I been putting this thing through its paces and not babying it to see how it holds up, so far so good and I even put one of the better looking chinese upper bearings in this engine, actually running smoother than the GT5 engine now, 107 miles so far and its settled in about as good as its going to I think.
I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!