View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 06:31 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Unhappy Re: Ultimate China Girl Engine

I have been researching engine coatings for a while and would like to see how they would affect the Happy time engine. I am thinking about a ceramic coated piston with dry film lubricant sides and an oil shedding film underneath. There is a shop not far from me that offers coatings such as this as well as cryogenic treatment to all kinds of engine components. The shop has a patented process were they cryogenically treat gears and micro finish them to eliminate noise, vibration and increase power. I would like to see this process applied to HT gears. If you combine a balance and blueprint with these technologies you would have a HT that would be worth the extra bucks to me. Is it cost effective? I don't know. There are several coatings and cryo shops out there in every state. They are just the tightly kept secret many racers use for their edge. I tried to post the link to the shop close to me but forgot I don't have enough posts yet to do so. Google evans performance in Georgia or another coating shop by you to see the possibilities.