View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 09:57 AM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Re: newbie with engine questions 1st post

Originally Posted by spad4me View Post
If you do NOT want to all ways be working on a Chinese motor kit.
Buy a titan rack mount from thats dax mount it on a STEEL frame bike with front and rear brakes NOT a coaster brake bike.
wall mart has Next brand steel frame dual suspension mens and womens bikes. Almost no difference except color.
Just my opinion.

Lifetime warranty on the bikes one year warranty on the titan kit.
I had looked at them but was trying to go less expensive also I do not like a few things with it but that is the way it has to be made to be universal I would have to make a new set of brackets to mount that so it wouldnt have all the holes & would look more eye pleasing.

next since they used a jackshaft I wondered why they couldnt use a shifter kit as an option or maybe have to fab one myself & if I go with the china engines I would plan to eventually go with a shifter kit. my husband liked the titan kit but if money wasnt an object would look at a stratton with the robin engine.

so when I do a kit we will probably be doing 2 kits so with money being tight I will probably still do a china & we will swap bikes back & forth

as for a bicycle well we have quite a few we used to ride from full suspension mountain bikes have several of those to his pet that is dissasembled a 26 dropped to a 24 with a rear ballon tire & dual inverted forks with a 20 inch on front he has owned & ridden it that way since he was a teenager & has a luggage rack on front but it is a coaster brake & will have to weld mounts for regular brakes.

we do have an abundance of engines both 2 & 4 cycle from weedeaters to chainsaws to leaf blowers so could always do a custom conversion, I think he keeps like 10+ chainsaws in running condition at all times & has a couple dozen parts saws & several cracked housing leaf blowers with decent running engines.

we have a brand new 10 speed mtb from western auto that is 26 years old but had a bad brake design & never rode it but maybe 10 miles.

we have a few nice road bikes as well from 10 speeds to 18 or 21 speeds & probably 10 to 15 parts bikes laying on pallets in the woods.