Thread: I'm confused!
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2015, 10:43 AM
boxcar's Avatar
boxcar boxcar is offline
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Astoria OR
Posts: 358
Default Re: I'm confused!

Getting Your CA Moped or Scooter License
If you’re 16 years of age or older, and if your moped is not capable of driving faster than 20 MPH, you can ride without a license.

To operate a motorized scooter you must be at least 16 years old and carry either an instruction permit or driver's license.
Quoted directly from California DMV's sight......

I had some time this morning to do a bit of research .
California is vague about everything but this......
Looks like your out of luck in the age department.
Sorry to get your hopes up...
For an old guy like me 1 or 2 years is a blink in the minds eye .
I'm now remembering what it felt like to be 14 or 15 and dying to drive.
Good times... and bad...
Look at it this way .
Take the time you have to build the coolest motorized bicycle that any one has ever seen .
Do it right and fallow the rules ( what ever they turn out to be ).
You will get much more enjoyment out of the machine not having to look over your shoulder....
And will learn valuable skills that will stay with you the rest of your life....

Some guy from Oregon ( the Troll ) Ha Ha Ha . This morning , I fell like a Troll. Probably look like one to....
Happy Trails......
Reply With Quote