View Single Post
Old 04-06-2015, 05:20 AM
The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Default Re: Can I use a power generator engine for a bicycle motor

Originally Posted by Motor awesomeness View Post
All right everyone, yes its stupid to have a motor that size and i do listen to advice. So heres the thing, i only have very basic hand tools including a cordless drill, handsaw, wood screws, bolts, and a socket set. And i cant weld for any reason because there are no outlets outside the condo building and it produces uv light which will blind any little child looking at it.
Considering your tool situation, budget and living in a condo, suggestions you've gotten about a 2 stroke kit are probably your best bet. Very basic tools will get you going and on your way. You'll learn a lot and have fun while you're at it. If I were you I would look for build threads that use your same bike and see how they were done. Then you can ask the builders very specific questions about where they got their kits, problems they solved, etc. Do you know anybody with a kit bike? Great to have a building and riding friend. Whatever you do you want for it to be successful, within your budget and not attracting too much attention from authorities. Wear a helmet and have fun. Good luck to you and remember that there are no dumb questions. Ask and learn. Let us know how it goes and share your experience.
Someday when I grow up I will probably lose interest in toys with wheels, but until then...