Thread: I'm confused!
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2015, 12:46 PM
J0sh J0sh is offline
Motorized Bicycle Member
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Calfiornia
Posts: 49
Default Re: I'm confused!

Originally Posted by MotorBicycleRacing View Post
CA motorized bicycle law quite clearly says you need:
M2 or M1 license.
$21 one time fee license plate.
DOT helmet.
Left side mirror, horn, lights.

There is no grey area about centrifugal clutches.
If your bike doesn't comply with CVC 406 (a) then
it is just illegal like a pit bike on mini bike on the street.

The Only thing these guys in your San Diego area have
is that the local cops do not enforce these laws or maybe
even know or care what they are.

You will only need all the stuff above if you get stopped by
a cop that knows the laws and wants to give you a ticket
or impound your bike.

Guys with no drivers licenses can always only find some wacko
loophole law while ignoring all the obvious laws that say what
they don't want to hear.

PS: What do your parents say about you riding a motorized bicycle on the street at 15?
I also forgot to mention I've been driving cars since 14 (not publicly of course, but practicing for drivers license)
Reply With Quote