View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 08:46 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

It's a brand new Shimano CB-E110. This is the first time I've looked inside one of them. Nice stuff. It was greased well with some grey-ish grease that I didn't recognize. Since I took it apart and reassembled a few times, some of that grease has been lost. But no matter. I'll be taking it apart again to make sure all is well when my weekend comes.

After this morning's post I took the bike out for a very short ride right in my neighborhood. All seemed well. Wheel turned freely and brake worked properly. So then I took it uptown. Total might have been as much as two miles. All seemed well. So I decided that it was trustworthy to go to work.

I got there with no problems. I went a good deal more slowly than usual, just to be cautious. When I got to work I found that the bearings had more play in them than I was comfortable with. So I tightened them up.

On the way home I stopped at the grocery store. Picked up some canned goods as well as a bit of other stuff. The load went into my rear cargo duffel and into my front basket. I overdid it. It definitely felt like the tail wagging the dog.

I had to go, again, quite slowly and quite carefully. There's some rough ground on my commute. But everything held together. I think I came through okay.

I'll still want to 'zero in' the adjustment of that rear wheel and it's bearings come Sunday. But it feels as though it'll be okay until then as long as I keep an eye on it.