View Single Post
Old 03-30-2015, 10:54 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

I started out today by ordering two engine sound dampening kits from sick bike parts. They're inserts of some sort that go under the clutch, magneto and output covers. Meant to dampen the engine's mechanical noise. I've had my eye on them for a while. But now that I think about it, I'm a bit surprised that I haven't seen any review threads here. I suppose I'd better review them when I get mine installed.

Then I went to work on my handlebar mounted choke adjust.

I didn't think to get a photo of my cable stop. Or I should say my cable sheath stop. But it's an L bracket made out of aluminum. Mounted to the seat tube with a hole drilled in it for that cable to pass through. A return spring fills the space between that and the choke lever.

Then run a cable up to the twist shifter on the handlebar.
twist grip.JPG

I took her out for a little test run and she seemed to be okay. It was warm out today, so there wasn't much need for choke. So it wasn't the best test. Still, it felt just fine to adjust the choke with my left hand on the grip. Cold morning starts ought to be a great deal easier now.

But tomorrow will be an errand running day. It ought to be more cool in the morning. Maybe I'll get a proper test then.

Last edited by bluegoatwoods; 03-30-2015 at 10:57 PM.