View Single Post
Old 03-15-2015, 07:08 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

I started the day by changing my pedal chain. The old one had given me some trouble on Friday.

Then I swapped out my studded winter tires for some regular tires. Then I spent some time getting aggravated at the task of making sure that the various alignments were okay. It's a new bike so I'm still getting used to finding all of the sweet spots.

Then I tracked down a bit of fuel drip that I'd been noticing. I had thought that that came from the float bowl drain screw. But it turned out to be from the nipple at the top that accepts the fuel line. I didn't manage to fix it since I don't have the right clamp. But I know where to get them. So I'll do that tomorrow.

Then I moved the gas tank back to the top of the rear wheel. I kinda crave a bike that looks more like an old moped than a motorcycle. So this'll help in that respect. Plus the top tube location just wasn't convenient. The tank got in the way too much.

Then, after a few shakedown cruises, I rode it uptown to get tacos and burritos for my daughter and myself.

Not a bad day, all in all.