View Single Post
Old 03-08-2015, 02:15 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Hit By a Veichle

Very true... I personally own 3 motorcycles and they all have their place in my life, they have all been customized by me and have numerous upgrades.
I started this with the motorized bicycles just out of pure fun, its an easy hobby in comparison but its also a fun one. I came in with a plan to build one alongside another friend so we could see who could build a faster bike... all just out of fun, but we both toot layoff notices at work and I already bought a kit... needless to say I built mine and I was hooked. My friend was able to keep his job at Boeing but he ended up having to relocate. I used my severance pay to start my own auto shop so now we're both still financially capable to buy a small motorcycle or 3 but these things are. So much more fun to tinker with, not to mention there is a huge price difference between upgrading one if these and a Harley, or even a 200cc dirt/street bike.
I just enjoy the build, the upgrading, and finally the ride.... I even choose to ride mine over the sportstrr in the mornings to do my taco runs etc... I can push it out the office door and no need to open up the main shop door so its quick and convenient that way, but its the fun factor that keeps me going to it instead of the motorcycles.