View Single Post
Old 03-07-2015, 03:38 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Good, two stroke motor kit.

Glad the engine will be in your hands shortly Eric, I know you're in a hurry and you have psome frustration built up from the past experience with the "Stinger" engine, but although you may have good results just bolting it on, please keep in mind that most of the suggestions we've given here aren't performance mod oriented, but rather reliability oriented things that can and will likely be the difference between having a good experience with this song-top kit or potential issues of having thing going wrong one right after the other.

Main thing is get thing mou ted correctly and use a dab of blue loctite on nuts and studs, tighten things jp good but remember most all the fasteners are soft small 6mm hardware, the most critical to use caution on are the rear mounting studs and then the front mounting studs and yes in that order since the rear studs are usually the first to break or back out if not done up right, get these tight but dont get rough with them and they will normally hold up fine.

make sure intake and exhaust studs and nuts are secure and use blue loctite on them also, intake gaskets are known to be a little thin and prone to leak so make sure they're tightened down evenly.

best wishes and I know we all hope this turns out to be a successful adventure for you.
I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!