View Single Post
Old 03-03-2015, 12:24 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: The Flying Pigeon

Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
a guy on Portland's Craig's list had it posted as " Old Bike $40 " . That was the whole add.
Well , that and these 2 pics:

When I called to talk to him about the bike he sed he'd been riding it for years
Then the tires let go about a year ago and well , at 75 he figured he was done.
He added the reflectors for safety ............
God I love bicyclists ....
What ya think map ? Should I build the screaming pigeon ?
Man.... its your bike so of course you can do whatever you want with it, personally if it were mine I would just give it a very good apit shine, save the old tires and tubes, put new tires and tubes, grease and oil everything up proper and use it for a pedal around now and then conversation piece, there may be a million of those over in China but there aint many here and I think it would be a shame to mess up such a rare piece of unique art like that, some bike are just meant to be lect unmelested I think and for me that Flying Pigeon is one of them.

Maybe Im the sentimental odd ball here but that bike was designed to be used as a rugged dependable means of transportation and I think it says way more as it is than it would with an engine on it.

You scored a heck of a deal on a very nice and unique bike boxcar, but its yours and you should follow your own heart about whether to leave it an original piece or to motorize it.

thats just my $0.02
I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!