View Single Post
Old 02-07-2009, 04:49 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Another Build from an abandon in the park bike

I put about a mile on the new bike today and with the sprocket it is a different bird altogether. I am getting used to it, You have to add a little pedal to get going but after that is is nice. The one thing I like is that at about 15 mph the engine is just motoring along. I think if the engine would pull the sprocket all the way up, I think it would do about 49 mph, I would say 50 but that sounds too high. Anyway I think I will keep it on there for now and see if there is something that makes it just too hard to do. I don't care about the hills, I can stay away from them for all the places I go. I will keep you posted. It is possible the perfect sprocket would be 34 teeth, for speed. I like the bike it feels good and solid the forks help, but I don't like the handlebars at all. OH the engine is only one of the 65cc? engines, you never know for sure what the actual size is. It has the small bolt pattern for the head. Have fun, Dave

PS: I am not keeping that tank I am making one. I think you will like it, pic to follow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PICT0918.JPG (462.1 KB, 163 views)
Its just a job. (Link) My shop is in the lower R/H corner.

Last edited by Egor; 02-07-2009 at 04:52 PM.