View Single Post
Old 02-23-2015, 09:49 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Good, two stroke motor kit.

That will make you a nice motorized bike and be a much stronger and more comfortable build than the Thruster Fixie frame.

Take the hubs down and pack the bearing good with a quality tacky grease, make sure all the spoke are tight, put some thick thorn resistant tubes and good 26x1.95 tires on it and get that engine installed solid on that frame with NO RUBBER or anything else between engine saddles and frame, get wiring done properly with good sealed type connectors, use loctite or similar product on all fasteners studs, bolts and nuts, put a quality NGK B6HS spark plug in it, get clutch cable installed and dont use small diameter spring between clutch arm and clutch cable housing stop, etc....

If you put this engine and parts on that bike the right way, you can enjoy a good running and riding bike from the get go without a lot of fuss and issues to work through and I know several of us on here will gladly point you in the right direction the best we can on every aspect of the build to help you get it right the first time.

Originally Posted by Eric2.0 View Post
Hmmm I might be using a 1961 Rollfast cruiser I remembered we have sitting in the back room. It's great shape and lots of room for a motor. Built in USA it says. I forgot I had that bike. I brought it up and wheels roll, frame looks good. Just gotta take the front basket off and flip the bars around for the board racer look. I might even put mountain bike handle bars on it.

To me the cruisers look better with engines in them so I might just use it.

A cranbrook I can get for 40 bucks too.

Anyways I ordered the F80 kit GenIV from Dax. This will be a basic build, solid engine installation and safety considerations..... I just want to get riding one of these and see how I like it. Would be fun in the hot summer evenings riding to the store and what-not....get away from all the internet and Terrorist BS for an hour, lol.

So's a Dax engine and 1961 Rollfast.... It looks like this one
I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!