View Single Post
Old 02-22-2015, 07:20 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Good, two stroke motor kit.

Originally Posted by Eric2.0 View Post
I'm going with a Dax motor since it claims built in USA and is test run. Seems like the best deal for a cheap motor kit. I'm also looking to get a bike to put it on. The cruisers look best with these engines, but I'm looking at something like this from Walmart.

It has 29 inch wheels and they are not fat tires, more of a hybrid tire width.... The frame rails look skinny enough diameter and shape for a direct 'plug and play' installation. I imagine this frame will be a bit top heavy as well. What do you think, safe? Walmart has one now I can get for 50 bucks that is damaged.
my latest build is with that exact frame, Ditched the 700c size wheels and put 26" wheels on it and a set of 26" forks.

you can get some better tires that size, 700x40mm will put more rubber on the road for it and make it ride a little better.

that bike is called a fixie

ill post a pic of mine when I can get on my computer so you can see what I've done with it so far.

the brakes aren't that good on these bikes but if you'll get a set of the salmon colored cool stop pads it will make them better.

easy bike to motorize
I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!