View Single Post
Old 02-22-2015, 05:45 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Good, two stroke motor kit.

Originally Posted by mapbike View Post
you wont regret getting your engine from thatsdax, he does his best to make sure you dont get a lemon and he also provides great service after the sale which has a lot of value in my opinion.

I have also done some business with sashawigs2009 on ebay and they do offer good customer service but like all the other ebay sellers I know of none of their engines are tested before being shipped out, best i remember sashawigs2009 engines comepartially unassembled which is a good thing for me since the first thing I do with any of them is at least pull the jug and piston to clean ports up, replace upper bearing and inspect how the crank spins in the bearings.

Good thing about a complete engine from dax is that he inspects things and makes sure everything looks good.
I'm going with a Dax motor since it claims built in USA and is test run. Seems like the best deal for a cheap motor kit. I'm also looking to get a bike to put it on. The cruisers look best with these engines, but I'm looking at something like this from Walmart.

It has 29 inch wheels and they are not fat tires, more of a hybrid tire width.... The frame rails look skinny enough diameter and shape for a direct 'plug and play' installation. I imagine this frame will be a bit top heavy as well. What do you think, safe? Walmart has one now I can get for 50 bucks that is damaged.