View Single Post
Old 02-17-2015, 10:05 PM
MadMaxed's Avatar
MadMaxed MadMaxed is offline
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Florida
Posts: 117
Red face Update on my first build.

okay so i got everything mounted. Sorry i cant show pictures. Having issues with size. Any how, i ran into the problem of having to long of a chain, expected that to happen.So being as i dont have a breaker for these type of chains, im taking it to a motorcycle repair shop to take a few links out. But i have a lot to learn. Off the bat the screw that keeps the flower nut from moving in the clutch came stripped. Due to my failure to comply i stripped most the other not to badly tho. PLan on getting hardware replacement kit from putting the engine actually on the bike was the easiest part, and its snug. got the clutch lever on and strung up but the sprocket is super hard to turn, with the lever pulled in. Not sure if its supposed to be that way. I noticed the NT carb that came with it sounds like a baby rattler.... But i strung the throttle as well and all that in place. hopefully with in the next few day ill have a chain ready so i can fire her up.... Any static you guys have would be nice. Be honest i struggled all day From 10am till 5pm 3 hours mostly spent on trying to break the chain by means of every tool i own

Back to the drawing board tomorrow.
Reply With Quote