View Single Post
Old 03-29-2008, 12:25 AM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Re: Gas spills...leaky cap

FYI: I did some research on the web conserning the problem with getting gas on your paint job on the gas tanks. Duplicolor @ Dupli-Color : Yes You Can has some very good paints and they have a two part clear coat that is oil and gas resistant. Some very good products and new type paints are on the site and there is Qtime how to video to introduce the products and give you an idea on what they do. I also remember in one thread someone ask about hi temp paint for the engine and vht for the exhaust header and muffler. The motor paint is good up to 500 degrees and the vht is good to 1200 degrees. I hope this information helps. I have five new bikes and six engines to get busy on assemling and plan on doing the fenders and gas tanks matching colors and either buff the alum. cases, or paint them with the Duplicolor engine paint or powder coat them. I come up with a simple design for the front motor mount thats strong and you dont have to drill a hole in the frame. I will post it as soon as I ground down the welds, It's been 12 years since I used my mig and the first one I welded is not as smooth and clean as it should be. I just got back in to bikes after a 45 plus year lay off working with cycles & scooters. I'm really motivated after seeing all of the members bikes and great ideas.