Old 02-14-2015, 09:42 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Really cool

Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Cool little bike.
The problem is that for the same $ you can buy a pretty nice used crf 150
or small Yamadog
and kill the Motoped.
If ya want a dirt bike, get a dirt bike.
To me ( JMHO ) a motor assisted bicycle is just that.
A bicycle with a motor grafted to it.
The Motoped is a very small , and under-powered, motorcycle with peddles grafted to it.......
Still, it's a cool toy.
A motoped here in Texas could be riden on the street with no license, nor registration, no inspection.

This issue with owning one isn't cost for those who have them or want them, its about the fun and uniqueness of it and the fact that for some like us here in Texas you dont have to have a license to ride it on the street.

Personally Id want about a 125cc engine on it if I bought one, but I think they're a cool addition to the motorized bicycle hobby.

Many of us have motorcycles and some like myself and davezilla have more than one and we still enjoy the crap out of the motorized bicyles and dont mind putting some cash into them.

The Motopeds aren't made to be as powerful or as fast as a motorcycle so comparing them to motorcycles isnt an apples to apples comparison, we dont compare go-Karts to cars and trucks and we dont compare mini bikes to motorcycles and so we shouldn't compare a motoped to a motorcycle either.

Just my $0.02 on the motorcycle comparisn issue.
I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!