View Single Post
Old 02-14-2015, 08:56 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Built a tensioner for the pedal chain for the newest build, let me know what ya'll think of it.

below are some pix of the pedal side chain tensioner I made up from some stuff I had laying around, the main L-shaped piece of steel that everything else is attached to is one of the big mount plates that comes in the kits, I just took my 4 1/2" grinder with a 1/16" cut-off wheel and cut it into the L-shape since all of it wasn't needed, The wheel is one of the wheels I make up for the chain tensioner wheels, no one has ever seemed to be interested in buying one of the yellow ones so I just used one myself on this bike since it has some small yellow decals on it and I thought it looked ok against the green.

The tensioner works really good, took me a while to figure out exactly what I wanted to do, but I know I wanted it spring loaded and I wanted it as compact as possible and this is what I came up with and it's something that can be made up with simple tools, a drill, hacksaw, pliers and some wrenches could get this made if thats all someone had, simple and effective is what I like and thats what I ended up with.

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!