Thread: 40 MPH Club
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2015, 11:44 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: 40 MPH Club

Originally Posted by LandSpeedRecord View Post
I had my first experience with that this past Sunday. I rode the motorized bicycle down to the grocery store on an errand for my wife and an excuse just to go ride around. It's a very nice neighborhood and store. A customer was walking out while I was locking to the bike rack and stopped to look over the bike and ask me about it. He was completely fascinated by it, and admired it and asked more than anyone ever has about my motorcycles. Some of my bikes cost over ten thousand dollars and this has probably under 500 total in it and I like it better and it gets more positive attention.
I know what you mean there... my Intruder1400 has a custom paint job on it, lowered 2" in the back and 1" up front, custom seat, chrome everything... and I got my Sportster that also has custom paint and Lots of chrome and good looking add ons... Then I got a Buell Blast with a lot of custom work done on it as well... and guess which bike is the star of the show at my shop... Yup... the $70 Roadmaster mountainbike with a ?100 engine bolted to it.... Got maybe about $400 invested in it and that's the one everyone asks to look at or if they can take a picture of, if it's for sale, or if I can build one for them...
Also... take one of these to a biker rally and see the attention you'll get.. show up on a custom Harley and everybody else has one, but show up on one of these and you'll have a crowd around you and the bike the whole time you're there..