View Single Post
Old 02-06-2015, 01:06 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Curious about the engine, :question:

I just got off the phone with Duane at we chatted for over an hour, very good conversation, he is a super good fella.

We talked about many things in that time, but i just wanted to say here that one of my main focuses was on the engines he currently has, the 38mm stroke engines.

He told me that they still have the Full Circle cranks and that the counter weights are a tad wider than they were on the 40mm stroke GenIV engines of the past, he said that the balance is every bit as good and that the one he has on a personal bike runs excellent with just minor mods like a banana pipe, RT Carb the RT (Puch) Head and he said he runs the RT Head on his engine without a head gasket and has about 120lbs or so compression and with a 36T rear sprocket he broke over the 40 mph mark.

I ordered two of the lowers from him today to build one up myself so I can say first hand what I think of them compared to the 40mm stroke GenIV version he sold in the past.

basically he told me that he has some people who prefer the 38mm stroke engines due to the fact that they seem to spool up into the higher rpms quicker and yet some like the 40mm stroke engine for the slight bit of extra low rpm grunt, but he did say that both are equally balanced fairly good and that he is very pleased with the 38mm stroke version he's currently running.

Just thought I would pass this info along on here and give a shout out to thatsdax for taking the time to talk with his customers like he does and for doing his best to give us a good product and great customer service which has a lot of value in my opinion.

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!