View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 07:57 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: A question about additives

Originally Posted by Goat Herder View Post
Are these really safe to cook with? I would rather start a old fasioned fire my self. I mean they look cool as heck. I am of a boyscout type learning. Me got tricks to making a fire To cook the creature I caught.
these are idealy for bush ract and survival situations, they're compact produce no smell or smoke, you can boil about 2 cups of water in 2-3 minutes for sterilization or for cooking food or therbal teas like pine needles or young green willow bark for headaches and help with other pain relief.

yes they're very safe and easy to cook on as long as you use a contai er to cook in over the stove, I wouldn't cook meat or anything else over the alcohol flame.
one thing many people do is make a round tube of hail screen/hardware cloth for the container you plan to cook in to sig on and then take another larger coffee type can or use some flashi g to make a windscreen to help keep direct wind off the stoves flame so it works better.

look Pop can stove on youtube and you'll find a pile of vids, some designs people have made aren't ideal in my opinion but many of them work good.
I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!