View Single Post
Old 01-29-2015, 11:49 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: A question about additives

Originally Posted by Davezilla View Post
Yes.. marvel mystery oil is another great product that works as advertised... I use it to free up stuck lifters and a little bit in the fuel will help keep the internals clean.

Also, check what all is in your favorite 2 cycle oil as most the good ones will have top cylinder lune and fuel stabilizers in them already so there's less need for other additives.

Other additives I keep in the shop are stabil, sea foam, and heet. Heet is basically methanol and it can be used to boost octane and has a cooling effect when injected but needs to be mixed and used the same day, and thrown out at the end of the day, then purge the fuel system, this stuff is mega corrosive because it can attract water so well from the air. The mainnuse for heet is to get moisture out of the fuel... by absorbing it, but it does have some nice side effects performancewise. Just use heet wisely if used at all, it can hurt you.

I'm not a big fan of additives because most the better oils nowadays have these ingredients in them, but the Lucas stuff your looking at is good for what it does.

I use Heet in my pop can stoves, works better than Denatured Alcohol....

I'm also a fan of Marvel Mystery Oil, like maniac said, the smell is awesome, I always add some to the gas for my tillers and riding mowers as an upper cylinder lube, I have added a tad to my smoker premix a few times also, I dont think it makes much difference I just like it so I use a little in my bike tanks now and then.

a dab of regular ole ATF makes a good fuel conditioner also, aa lot of truckers used to use it instead of the high dollar diesel fuel treatment and said it actually worked better for keeping things clean.

The ATF mixed with a little acetone makes an excellent bore cleaner and lube for firearms, I keep a can mixed up all the time.
I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!