View Single Post
Old 01-22-2015, 09:09 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Top Speed, 80cc Chinese motor? what is the record?

Originally Posted by bairdco View Post
the fastest bike had an aermacchi m50 head on it. my race buke has an mm ashtray head, ktm pipe, and a 22mm mikuni.

but my cruiser that topped out at 55 had an nt speed carb, straight plug stock head, modified gutted stock exhaust pipe with a supertrapp tip on it. and a 28t sprocket.

you can modify a stock engine with really good results if you know what yoi're doing. plus, it was the grubee gt4 starfire. those engines had more power, way better quality control and we're a lot better than the skyhawks.

too bad they arent imported anymore.
I've always admired your work baird, your ability to make your engines run so good without having all the fluff and snake oil on them is what sorts inspired me to tinker with mine, I've. Yet to have one that will run as fast as yours but I keep on learning and I like following you and a couple others on here who do things that work instead of thinking chrome parts equal speed and power, I've. Made a couple mistakes and bought into some hype but I just had to know for myself, we have straight shooters on here and we have some just out to make a buck on something that is a complete waist of time hope and money.....

But oh well we live and learn.

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!