View Single Post
Old 01-22-2015, 11:39 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Top Speed, 80cc Chinese motor? what is the record?

Originally Posted by Davezilla View Post
That's one good thing about reading in the forums for porting, a lot of people post the "if you cut up a milimeter here, down a milimeter there, go this much wider here, and clean out this area" you can actually get a nice fast engine with good power without all the calculations... If you go back and measure everything when it's time to rebuild it I bet your timings and durations are really close to what we've been talking about a lot these last few days..
That could be very true Dave, I did take more time on everything with this engine than I had on the others, I do think I could get a little more out of that jug and piston combo with a better exhaust and a bigger carb along with having the jug shaved down to increase the compression, even if the top speed wasn't that much more, think a few extras would help get it there quicker, the 52 MPH was going down a slight declining area on the road also, it wouldn't hit that speed on the flat and was more in the 49-50 mph range as long as no head wind was involved, that old bike is a little heavy and me at close to 220 at that time was a lot to ask of that little engine, I was surprised it did as well as it did honestly.
I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!