View Single Post
Old 01-21-2015, 06:19 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Top Speed, 80cc Chinese motor? what is the record?

Originally Posted by bairdco View Post
i never break-in my engines gently. i build them, gas 'em up and go full throttle from day one with a normal mixture ( i use opti2 at 100:1 on the strret bikes and racing oil with castorbean oil at 20:1 on the track)

my race bikes, i mod the heck out of them, race it up and down the syreet and take em to the track. or work all night before the race and hope it runs on the morning.

my first bike was the only one i followed the recommended break in procedures, and it was the slowest bike i've built. the engine never performed well.

i've built stock kits with the stock nt carb and pipe, but matched and ported the intake and exhaust, cleaned up the poorly casted transfer ports, intake burrs, etc, and pushed 40+ on the first rides with a 36t sprocket and 26" wheels.

if you get a good engine and put it together right, thers no need to baby it.

I do the same thing basically, I may ride for a couple miles while watching and listening to things making sure I didn't overlook anything and then its balls to the wall and I break it in like I plan to run it.... have always done every engine I ever built this way, if it fails it was gonna fail anyway because something wasnt right to begin with.
I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!