View Single Post
Old 01-19-2015, 08:46 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

My problem is just the opposite since the taco shop I go to is only about a mile down the road... not even far enough to warm up teh engine so I usually have to sit at the shop and warm up the engine for about 10 minutes if i want to do a speed run, then while I'm in there waiting on the food it usually takes around 10 minutes to get the food so the engine has enough time to cool back down... What wuold be really nice is if I had a 4 to 5 mile stretch so I could get it nice and hot right before I get on the throttle, it does tend to run a lot better after it's fully warmed up and the 4 stroking goes away for the most part, just a little blubbering at around 20 to 25 mph then it cleans up and goes... I'l tune it better after this tank is done since it seems like the rings are seated pretty well already and the bike kinda leveled off at around 41 to 42mph on top. I did get to see it go from 35mph at best to 38mph, then to 40, then to 41 about 2 weeks ago and I'm about 3/4 the way thru my second tank so it's real close to time to properly tune it.

.060" sounds like a lot but I had to cut out .040 or so just to true mine up, then I went back in and cut out another .012 to get the squish clearance on my first engine, as well as another .040 off the base to get it trued up, it trued up somewhere around .037 if I remember right so I just cut it up to .040 so it would be easier to keep track of how much I cut off. Then when I transfered this jug to the Dax bottom end the piston was sticking up past the deck by about .040" but I made up for that by using a .040" spacer, then I ended up ditching the spacer in favor of 2 .025" copper gaskets glued together with a very thin layer of shellac right before final assembly and torquing along with a single .016 and a single .025" copper gasket sealed the same way up top to set the squish in range.