View Single Post
Old 01-15-2015, 04:41 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Got some more of my (For Sale) bike parts in yesterday and then just got back from my one and onl local bike shop a short while ago, picked up a Wheel Master multi speed wheel, steel rim and 12ga spokes, local shop sells me these wheels for $26 and they're always nice and true, Im about to the poi t where I dont really want to put a rag joint coupler on the small spoked wheels if I can help it, the 14ga spomes work but I've had one break under the tag joint already and several more were bent and just looked like more breakage looking for a place to happen.

The Heavy spoke wheels are dang near bullet proof and I have almost no co cern about spoke damage from the compression coupler deforming the spokes or making them weak, I for sure dont want to sell a bike with a marginal rear wheel so the bike will get this heavy duty wheel with lots of good grease in the bearings and everything adjusted just right.

I picked up a couple thorn resistant tubes ad some wide rim strips while I was there and a couple sets of the soft cheap foam grips, these grips really absorb bar vibes and make long ride a lot more comfortable on the paws.

fixing to pull head and jug off the new engine to see how she looks and see what sorted ports this $119 kit has and what crank and rod it has.

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!