View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 07:57 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Luckily it was a nice warm 48 degrees and dry this morning at about 7:30am, and my trip to the resturaunt is only about a mile away.... I need to warm up the bike for at least 10 minutes for the one minute run there... I've. Taken off cold from the shop but the bike 4 strokes a Lot if its not warmed up most the way to operating temp.
I've also noticed my motorcycles tend to have more power when it's cold outside, with them feeling the strongest at 50 to 60 degrees outside, then that extra power tends to fade below 50 degrees, or above 70 degrees... not a whole lot but enough to be noticeable.... anyway, that's one reason for riding in the cold, and it helps with break in since it takes a bit more to get the engine too hot.

I used to ride the Intruder and the Sportster all the way down into the low 20's or even high teens to work every day for years, I think I finally broke down and started using a cage a few years back when l messed up my ankle and couldn't ride at all, but for several winters my bike was the only one on the highway or in the parking lot when it was freezing cold or pouring down rain.... I even rode thrum sleet before... but that was a bit painful at 70mph...