View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 12:56 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Smile Re: maniac mechanic adapter issue worried

Originally Posted by 2door View Post
I wouldn't expect to see instructions with a knock-off product but the major U.S. manufacturers of the true quality items we all know and use should consider something like Map suggested. Even something as small as a business card would suffice.

As for a torque wrench fitting between the spokes, most inch pound wrenches are small enough. I've never had a problem getting the wrench and Allen head socket between them. Maybe I've just been lucky.
But as far as owning a torque wrench I'm sure most will agree that it is a tool that every motorized bike owner/builder should have available. They aren't that expensive, especially compared with repair/replacement costs when things get overtightened and break.

Very true Tom, even the auto parts stores like Auto Zone and Advance Auto etc. have them at a good price, I bought my inch lb wrench at O'Reilly Auto for about $20

Yes a torque wrench is a very good tool to have when working on many things, especially where steel bolts are going into aluminum, it can be the difference between ruining something or not, an experience nuckle buster can normally get by with or without one for many things since we have a good feel for how tight something should be, but to someone who hasn't been turning wrenches and working on a variety of things all their life they're very likely to under or over tighten things which just leads to more headaches that could have been avoided with a simple to use inexpensive tool.

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!