View Single Post
Old 01-11-2015, 02:51 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Hey Everyone,

I was riding my bike the other a month or so ago and it all of a sudden started loosing power and finally shut down. Took out the engine and removed head cover to discover my exhaust rocker had cracked. I replaced it with a spare I had, but that cracked as well after a couple of weeks. Puzzling to me, I do run the engine without a governor and I ride it fairly hard, but I can't figure out what is putting so much stress on the rocker arm. Anyway, I brazed the last one back together and will be testing it out when the rain stops here.

Also working on an alternator system. Got a tip from member Bigoilbob on a small brushless alternator that seems built quite well. I did have trouble with using a solar power control box as a regulator, just couldn't get it to work, so I have now switched to using a small motorcycle voltage regulator. Haven't got to run it for too long, but nothing has caught on fire yet, so that's good.

Pics of cracked rocker arm and alternator brackets, as well as alternator installed.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2539.jpg (77.0 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2494.jpg (106.0 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2483.jpg (57.1 KB, 38 views)