View Single Post
Old 01-09-2015, 09:11 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Curious about the engine, :question:

Hopefully that engine will work for you, I know a lot of ebay sellers tend to over exagerate what these engines can do and all but most the time when they list specs like stroke length they're honest on that part...
I've seen sellers claim these things put out 5hp or can make a bike go 40mph right out of the box or say they got a 19mm carb along with a picture of a speed carb next to a digital caliper and they're measuring the clamp instead of the actual carb throat, some of them have claimed the 40mm bolt spacing and then they show a pic of them measuring with the caliper on the bolts instead of at the center of the bolts etc...

Of course, most of us already know what to beleive and what to ignore in their listings, but we definitely want the 40mm stroke and the good bearings on the crank. The jugs are always a gamble anytime we buy from a different seller because some have really nice transfers and others not so nice, and you definitely don't want oddball intake bolt spacing which would make upgrading nearly impossible.

Hopefully this kit will work for what you intend, since it's a seller and not a keeper, you still want a good quality base engine that has room for upgrades by the end user. It doesn't have to be 40mph fast, but it should be reliable and able to push a bike up to around 30 (give or take a few mph), but I'm sure it'll have both reliability and decent power after you're done with the basic upgrades you mentioned.