View Single Post
Old 01-08-2015, 05:41 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Hey, new guy here. Planning builds for 8 bikes on MTB frames. Recommend some pa

Originally Posted by Davezilla View Post
So with the $20 they save on the kits they can buy pull starters for $15.. Still $5 ahead.... Then another $20 to 25 for a cantrifugal clutch and no more pedaling or popping the clutch...

Most 2 stroke kits cost around $139 (give or take a few either way)
Add 15 for pull start... $154
Add 30 for centrfugal clutch... $184

Still cheaper,faster, and louder going 2 smoke...

Sorry but I had to... I've spent a lot more than 200 on mine... and most of that's in the engine... Add another $60 for the fred head, $30 or so on copper gaskets, $15 for a pull starter, $25 for a centrifugal clutch, $35 for a KTM pipe, just to tear up and weld back so it fits, and $Who knows how much on other carbs, reed valves, and let's not even mention the extra tools I bought just for this hobby...
Ok, I guess I see your point now...

I just prefer 2 smokers myself...
Dave with exception to just a couple of things here you told my story......LOL!

I just wonder how much I eally have spent since fall of 2009 when I built my first one with a BGF Red BAT engine kit I paid $113.00 shipped to my door for, and wouldn't ya know it that sucker is still running though... only about 1,400 miles on it but they have been hard miles or rough dusty roads mainly, but let me tell ya it's a bone shaker and will get retired this summer.

I'm a 2 smoker on these bikes myself, but I do have two 196cc GX200 clones in the shop and two HF 79cc still new in the box I'm gonna do something with some day.

something about the 2 strokes having so much power in such a small compact package and so cheap to have and work on.

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!