View Single Post
Old 01-08-2015, 01:21 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Hey, new guy here. Planning builds for 8 bikes on MTB frames. Recommend some pa

Originally Posted by Dirtynails View Post
LOL! Well dont worry I am not one of those zombie apocalypse dudes. We have vehicles at the cabin that would be much better than motorized bicycles. I just want to be able to get us there through clogged streets.

I totally hear you on the 4 stroke thing and its something i really thought hard about. My problem with it is they are a little more expensive which on one bike isnt a big deal but on 8 it adds up and I can work on a two stroke with a blindfold and 1 arm tied behind my back. Am I just being stubborn? I know there isnt a huge difference between them i just grew up working on the stinky dirty guys and I love them.
Ive worked on both throughout my life, and hands down these little 2 smokers are one of the simplest engines I have ever fooled with, super simple and with a few mods like we have mentioned thay can be very reliable, I have several thousand miles on my bike combined and most of what I do to them is just tinkering, I have run a couple like i was trying to hurt them and I did, I have run a couple like I wanted to kill them and I cant...LOL!

getting a good engine that has good internals and fairly good balance is an important thing, the foundation has to be good or all the rest dont matter much just like anything else in life.

The engines thatsdax sells are very good ones, good cranks, good bearings and good gaskets other than the intake gasket which I always make my own.

I know there are other engine sellers out there that may have engines that are very good platforms also, but lately the dax engines have ben the overall best I have had.

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!