View Single Post
Old 01-08-2015, 12:54 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Hey, new guy here. Planning builds for 8 bikes on MTB frames. Recommend some pa

Originally Posted by KCvale View Post
If you want something simple to operate and maintain that will run all day long (you mention 90 miles) with a pull start and automatic clutch 49cc 4-stroke.

It runs on regular gas and reliable.

Figure about 28MPH direct drive for the less speedy family members, and make a couple of jackshafted 3-speed shifters for those that need more versatility (climb hills, haul ass, or tow another bike).

That's what I would so if was a worrier like you ;-}
I agree KC,

If he has the funds to invest the most reliable option is gonna be the 4 Stroke set up.

I don't use them so it never even crossed my mind, I always have the 2 smokers on my mind.

another advantage like you mentioned KC is the part of being able to run straight gasoline and not needing to worry about 2 cycle oil, in a survival type situation that could be a deal breaker if you could find any oil.

If at least regular motor oil could be found you could premix with it and get by, but the enemy would see and smell you coming from a long way off...LOL...!!! Sorry DirtyNails I couldn't help putting this in here..

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!