View Single Post
Old 01-08-2015, 12:15 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Curious about the engine, :question:

Originally Posted by curtisfox View Post
So were did you get that from?....Intresting.............Curt
Hello Curtis, I found several sellers on ebay that have these kits, a couple are in California and others mainland China.

Here is a link to one of them that I have dealt with in the past, very nice people and they shipped quick and had good follow up through messaging to make sure I got what I ordered and that I was happy with my purchase.

I may try one of these soon for a build to sell locally just to see how they are put together, I'm curious about which crank and rod these have in them and if these are Hybrid type engine with Type A piston and jug but with the 38mm cranks which kinda jacks up the port timing, a little jug shaving and piston ramp on exhaust side helps to fix that issue, but I cant find any specs on these to know if they're 40mm stroke engines or the 38mm stroke hybrid type, I know they use PK-80 type piston and jug since the sellers that sell these have the replacement top end kit and you can see that the piston is a Type A piston.

One thing I will do if I order one is I will chuck the intake up in the lathe and bore the ID out a bit, in the pix you can tell its very thick and has a small ID.

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!