Thread: 100:1 Mix
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2014, 05:59 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: 100:1 Mix

Originally Posted by 2door View Post
Because it isn't how much oil you use, it's about the lubricating ability of the oil.

Like has been posted in this thread many times; if you don't want to use it, don't. But I would think it would be difficult to argue with the success rate of those who do.

I agree 100%

prime example of this was an old Craftsman chainsaw I had years ago, it said specifically on the saw to mix 8oz of non detergent 30w oil per gallon of Regular gasoline, that saw was a monster, belched smoke that would kill all the skeeters in three to four surrounding counties and needed to tank refilled about every 4-5 minutes of cutting...

I personally think the super high grade modern superior chemically engineered oils like Opti2 and maybe a few others work so well in small 2 smokers at such ratios like 80-1-100-1 becuse the oils drop from the fuel easier and cling to the engines internals under higher heat conditions better and on a molecular level it seems that they just produce a much better and strong film of lubricant.

Im no scientist so I may be over my head with some of what Ive said here, but all I know is that, I run Opti2 at 100-1 and all my engines run great, yes Ive had some failures with engines but non that I would attribute to the oil or amount I use, I run all my engines the same way and after several thousand miles of hard riding I have no dou ts about Opti2 being able to provide what my engines need for lubrication.

Silverbear, I also agree cometely with what you have said here also.

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!