View Single Post
Old 11-27-2014, 09:06 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: 3D printed in-frame plastic gas tanks

Originally Posted by Ludwig II View Post
I think the important thing for KC is it's his design, his show, his gamble.
It is certainly worth looking into getting my design fabricated, but the bottom line is I just want reasonably priced gas tanks.

This is the bike with the seat and bars adjusted to ideal for ~6" rider and ready for any non-manual clutch engine with really nice independent front and rear caliper brakes that deserves better than a P-nut tank.

The problem with my design is the complex geometry, trying to get a consistent 'bubble' look from a flat piece of metal is not easy by hand.

Thanks for the tip on Ghetto bikes, looks like he already makes tanks like that for the 29" frame, or darn close anyway.

Not to distract from the topic but man that bike has one scary looking front fork, those smashed tube pivot points break easy enough on their own, rust sure can't improve their performance.

Anyway, my tank is wider, 7" to carry more fuel, I'll see if he can just throw a couple of bends in the sides like this so it doesn't look like a board tracker.

That's unique enough for me, and with the right paint job for the bike it should look pretty good for a staple build ;-}
KC's Krusiers Builds