View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 08:22 PM
Super Moderator
Default Re: Scrap Metal Fender

Originally Posted by mabman View Post
Classy addition there 2door. But if you lived up here in the PNW you would have made a front one also because it can cause just as much damage, plus shoot water right up in your face which is not good either. You can get away without fenders on a car because they are not inline with your body, nor the engine, but on a bike or motorcycle they are the shiznit and can be used as a style point also. I have wood fenders on my pedal bike and plan on using them on future MAB's also.
Attachment 5218

They are made by a buy named Cody in Bend, OR. Woodys Custom Cycling Fenders

I know the price is pretty steep and that your fix is just as good functionally and way cheaper but sometimes you just have to do what you feel is right.
I was just sitting in the garage looking at the bike and decided to start on the front fender tomorrow. Too bad I don't have access to an English Wheel. I could do some neat Swoopy-Curvy fenders but the flat stock serves the purpose for now. I'm anxious to get some paint on it but its just too cold right now even with a heated garage. I'll wait for a warm day and shoot it black. By that time I'll have the front one done and I'll do them both. I'll post pix of the finished project. Those woody fenders are beautiful but a little out of my price range and I'd be afraid of scratching them anyway
Age and Treachery Will Always Triumph
Over Youth and Skill & "Charlie Don't Ride"