View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 01:48 PM
junkyard's Avatar
junkyard junkyard is offline
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: st.petersburg fla
Posts: 83
Default Re: milling question

Originally Posted by Creative Engineering View Post
It's called a broach. You drill a hole first, and then use an arbor press to push a broach into the hole. The broach shaves the metal out of the corners. This is also how straight key slots are cut.

It could also be done with a wire EDM, but it would be expensive.

The milling machine will always leave a radius in the corners.

you said the magic word....expensive

ok even tho i love the clean look of the bottom bracket jackshaft im probly gunna try to use a steel hub like i did on my electric drive conversion

thx for the info
Reply With Quote